POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Juggling (WIP) : Re: Juggling (WIP) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Juggling (WIP)
From: Slashdolt
Date: 17 Jun 2003 16:09:26
Message: <3eef7576$1@news.povray.org>
> This is a nice idea for a picture, but the tree macro you are using just
> isn't cutting it. I would suggest writing another tree macro which will
> make a better looking dormant or dead tree.

Unfortunately, since the tree was largely "just something neat that
happened" with POVTree/TomTree, there isn't much I can do with the macro,
other than perhaps to change the textures.

Other than the texture, I'm quite pleased with it.  It's not a completely
reaslistic tree, but real trees don't have eye-balls either.  The branches
look very much like fingers to me.  Additionally, when I stare at it long
enough, it seems like I can make out an expression on the tree's "face".
It's very subtle and leaves quite a bit to the imagination of the viewer,
and I think I'd like to keep it that way.

Even so, there are some things that prevent the tree from blending into the
scene.  I plan to work on that more.

--
Slash